January 30, 2010

Attack Horses--Defending their property! (Beware of Horses?)

OK this may be weird, but today there were two dogs who were wagging their tails, came to visit (they had a cat in tow).  When my 5 dogs went to investigate them in the field the cat skedaddled, but they were all sniffing and wagging...until the idiot pit bull ran and body slammed one of the dogs.  Chaos ensued with the two new ones trying to pin the pit bull.  (he's a goof really). 

Out of the blue, Exy and O'Rion gallop over and CHASE OFF the two dogs who were trying to fight my one dog.  They ran them off good and proper.  I wish I had seen all this...it was relayed to me by Albert, who witnessed the whole thing. 

Funny.....I have attack horses! 
Maybe I should change the sign from "beware of dog" to "Beware of Attack Horses....they will kick your butt." 

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That's so interesting and COOL ;-) Your horses were defending their territory and their dog...I know wild horses will even attack mountain lions if threatened.

My Solly has attacked and chased off an over friendly sheep in the field before, he was having none of it and told it to go find it's own grazing in no uncertain terms! lol.

Would have loved to have seen your herd on the attack...good babies ;-)

mareshavefun said...

OMG... how funny and cool! No worries for you Shelly, you seem to be well protected now!