May 24, 2010

Exy

This is Exy, my almost four year old.  Her Birthday is 6/6/06 so her name, Exy, is "6" in Greek.  She is hilarious and one smart cookie.  All she's known is Parelli from minute one and it shows.  She likes to jump on tarps, will play with anything.  I have sat on her but need to ride her but have had a few fear issues, although she's really calm and pretty brave if she has a strong leader. 

I love this girl, born right on my farm (a rescue, her mother was pregnant when I resucue the mother--a PMU mare (have found a forever home for Mom), so no flames about breeding please as I will keep this girl her whole life). 

I plan to play with her tomorrow with the idea of sitting on her and just sitting, perhaps a little flexion and nothing else.  (will do that from the ground, too, and have been all along). 

This is a true Pocket Pony, who will leave the herd to be with me wherever they are.  I can turn around and voila' there she is standing right behind me with a sweet expression and always wants to play. 
I love this girl!  Plan for her to be my partner long term.   :) The journey with her is fun and she's so easy to teach.  Thanks once again to Parelli for letting my dreams come true. 

I ALWAYs wanted to raise a foal, but I did not have the savvy.  Thanks to Pat and Linda I started her Naturally day one and have never looked back.  this is one super duper horse! 
I"m so lucky it just blows my socks off! 

Smiling again.....

No comments: