April 29, 2009

First Sit On Exy!

After LOTS of friendly and relaxing (us both as I was soooo excited/nervous!) I finally sat for the first time on my girl Exy! She's now two. (Perch/QH). A very laid back and happy RBI (I do NOT push her as she has been known to go introverted). she loves to play and has LBE tendencies but as a learner she's RBI. SO...I did approach and retreat, took about an hour and loved on her, lots of scratches, then put her next to the plastic mounting block and she wanted to get up there with me! (not good!) so we retreated and repositioned and I put my leg on her...scratches, then boosted myself up and sat on her! She rocked back and forth. I got off. It was a non-event lasting about 10 seconds. Success! I have actually started one of my own foals myself! This is a dream come true! Thanks, Pat and Linda to you it was a non event and so nice! I look forward to lots more...but I'm going VERY slow and mostly doing ground work with her til I get to Level 3 with Fiona my main levels horse.

BIG SMILES HERE!

Shelly

No comments: