April 1, 2009

an older note

Fantastic play sessions the past two days! I'm so excited.

first I watched a video on the savvy club that showed a French girl playing with her pony on the beach at liberty then riding with no
bridle or saddle. It inspired me so I went right out and played with Fiona. The girl had a lot of upward transitions (I mean the horse
going up in the air) so I tried it! Fiona got it first time! I had her walking like the fancy Spanish horses right away and she was riveted!

We played with the trailer (float) and she did circles with the ramp, then backed in then yo-yo in and out backwards. Nice and soft. I was so
proud of her!

We did undemanding and a lot of friendly then I tried to get her to balance on a wide post but she sidepassed over it (offered that) so I called that good.


Today I selected O'Rion to play with as he's mouthy and pushy, and wanted to establish more of alpha with him. If I don't have the Carrot stick he crowds.
With it (even if I ask nothing) he stays out of my bubble pretty much.

Anyway, went out, played friendly with the halter in zone 1, then put it on. He had a soft look and was very into playing. Eyes following me with ears pricked.

We did squeeze over a 4 inch log in between me and fence, then did some "put your nose here and there" and he was brilliant. When I asked a squeeze in between a cart and a tree
it was too much pressure so he got mouthy with the rope. I caught it and just stood letting him process...lots of chewing then.

Tried to do the lead with the leg but he thought it was too much, (got starey) so I did friendly with rope and stopped. Will pick that up later.

We walked sideways with the fence (only a few steps) and
I called the next game.

Falling leaf and S bends. He was bracey on zone 1. S bends he got that soft adoring look so I quit. NICE!

No comments: