June 19, 2009

Can't Get Rid of Exy!

I'm thrilled. When I walk in the field (10 acres) if I turn suddenly--oops! I bump into my lovely Exy's nose! She goes with me EVERYWHERE and is such a pocket pony. I love that. We've played some games at liberty and she is doing a lovely job. Her weakest game is porcupine but I'm working on it. (her mother was a draft horse..Percheron...you could porcupine her for days and she'd just look at you...I tried!)

I do have to work not to ask too much of this RBI girl (as a learner) or she'll shut down. But if I WAIT WAIT WAIT she gives so much. I'm having fun with her. When I feed her I put all my weight on her back and it's a non event. LOTS of scratches with that, too. I rub her with my leg while I sit on the fence and then put the leg over (maintaining my grip on fence) and LEAN. She's ok with it. I'm just afraid to take it to the next level. MUST work on myself more.

No comments: