June 25, 2009

Itchy Spot

Had a funny time with Dancer's Boss (QH) yesterday. He showed me his itchy spot on his tummy and between front legs. I was scraaaatching...and then got to cleaning sheath. He just moved so my hands were back at the itchy spot and the lip was just a-going. He kept getting lower and lower, and trying to lean on me. He is so funny.

I went then to Exy and scratched her whithers and her chest. Also she likes right between the udders. This gets her to spread her legs and sigh. What a hussy. The lip was going immediately and her head went way down as the front feet went right out in front as if she were parking out. I was laughing before long. Wish I'd had my camera.

Fiona next. She likes a good scratch between the udders, too, as well as right at the girth line. She's more covert about liking it and although she puts her head down she rarely puts her lips out and makes faces. She will watch me and put her belly right back where my hand needs to be if I move it. Miss Subtle.

O'Rion likes anywhere scratched. And he's HUGE so it's pretty funny...I usually get up on the fence so I can reach him and he'll back up to the fence for a good bum scratch. He loves his withers and belly done, too. And ears...he LOVES his ears scratched. HE makes all sorts of funny faces if you do the ears. I'm teaching him to hand me things and he's getting it pretty quickly. He hands me his bowl as well as branches and a jolly ball. Smart boy!

1 comment:

Summer Solstice said...

How cool, this is a GREAT time of year for those itchy spots ;-) My Solly love ear scratches too, and his tail/dock and sometimes can't decide to give me his front or back end...it's so funny. Tara is like your girls, the belly line, udders and heart, typical girlie! lol.

What's your weather doing at moment and do you have midges like we do or any insects or are you pretty free from flies?

Shelley