April 2, 2010

Lovely Sunny Good Friday--one hour play

Rode Fiona bareback today..twice.  First time she was soft and nice, I did pushing passenger and bend both ways.  The herd was bucking and farting and her head was UP UP UP so second time laid accross her back, then got on and did an emergency dismount cause I thought of it.   really trying to move closer stay longer.   She was like...wha???  why'd you get off?  but I was happy.

Then tried to get back on but she was never giving me permission so I took her out of the field...did some moseying, grazing, then games with the trailer. Loaded her once, did yo yo backwards on and off trailer...played can you put your back feet on the ramp? Can you go in circles around and on the ramp? never did try to load her again.

some back ears at first out of field...but then she calmed right down and when I engaged her mind ears came forward and she was ON me...looking and really present with our games.  Nice! 

Put zone 5 on things.  One was a wind chime (a very large loud one!)   and one a post and she never flinched.  I was so proud of her!!!   Nice expression throughout.  No backwards ears with zone 5 touching.

grazed some more.

Synched our energy--stick to me and beyond that (spelling) and did transitions with upping energy and then a deep breath to slow/stop. I did sort of dressage on the ground with shoulders in and shoulders out--I had to look at her hind to get her in the right frame for this (she did really well) and then sideways both ways. (on ground with no touching).  Had to touch her side with elboy gently once.  Otherwise she offers sideways always...she loves it!

She offered to put feet on things, we did patterns, and she did really well.  She tries to go sideways in the figure 8 middle.  funny. 

then let her go and did shedding duty on the whole herd. They are shedding like crazy. Exy backed up to me like "get my butt right here please." funny..the lip was going when I did scratch her tummy...


when Exy was eating I put all my weight on her and a leg over. she just stood there. I love that girl. She has that huge neck like Perch momma.

No comments: