August 1, 2010

updates Fiona at UGA

Fiona's Opthamologist is a terrific guy who calls me "Mom" when he talks about Fiona...as in "Mom, we're doing this or that." I love him! 

Updates are very positive although they had a scare where she quit sweating and respiratory rate went to 60.  This was after shavings were tossed around her (and me) and I noticed I was having trouble breathing in the shaving dust.  They told me that wasn't it (I'm not convinced).  I was afraid for her...but she's improved now.  They put two fans on her and She's breathing around 40 bpm now.

They are to call tomorrow to let me know if I can go pick her up after 12noon.  I'm getting the truck ready first thing in the AM so I can go pronto! 

Wish us luck. Albert (hubby) is taking day off to help bless his little heart. 

I'll get him to drive down there while I keep leg elevated (I hurt my knee) but I'll drive my girl home.   :)

Fingers and toes crossed for her to be home tomorrow!  We'll have to treat her every 6 hours for weeks.   No worries since I do this at work, too.  Can't wait to have my pretty girl back home. 

Keep her in your prayers and me, too. 

1 comment:

MarthaVA said...

Shelly, keeping good thoughts and prayers for Fiona, and for you my friend! I am sorry to hear about your knee! Must take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Martha