August 7, 2008

Starting Liberty

Hi!

Yesterday started really getting down to playing at Liberty with Fiona. I can do Friendly, lead with the leg both sides and out to the side at liberty, move zone 1 with fingertips or carrot stick, and yo yo. but when I go after moving the hind end...she drifts away. that is better than before when she'd RUN away. lol. We're making baby steps.

I'm reminded of Dan Thompson telling us "if you get 1% better for 100 days, you're 100% better!" so there we are, working on our 1 and 2 %. It's all good!

Gotta love those magnificent horses.

My girl's eye is clouding over. She has some scar tissue in the left eye from an old injury and it is getting worse. She seems confident to let me lead her and I hope this is as bad as it gets. She had a drain in it a while ago as she lacerated her eye before I got her. Just a note that she's ok with going wherever I point her.

Did I mention I love this girl? She teaches me a lot each time we get together. She just sniffs me all over and puts her head on my shoulder.

She has had a few Introverted moments lately. she's really emerging (her true self) and it's lovely to watch! Changing from RBE all the time to RBI and LBI sometimes. She thinks more and more and takes way less time to get back to her thinking self if something startles her. That head goes WAY up there not nearly as much as it used to!

I'm having a blast!

Watched the two youngest playing in the water trough and did some squirting with the water hose. They are funny...love to get wet. Well, it's 100 F here! Who wouldn't ?

No comments: