September 22, 2008

nice play day

EXY and Boss Play notes: Exy did saddle program. did put it on her, took right off. Let her bite, paw, ect, the old rotted western saddle. she did great. used the saddle pad as a pedestal and had her stand on it. She pawed and licked it, did lots of chewing/some licking and one yawn. Saddled up and let her walk with saddle just sitting there not fastened then took it off. That is big for her and me as I learned to BACK OFF and let her process.
ended on a good note, she followed me all around. Then I turned to boss.

got boss (both these horses caught me and that's BIG for boss). lots of friendly. did trailer games. Do NOT get on that trailer but put your foot on ramp, back on ramp, circle on ramp, retreat, graze, eat apple pieces, let's get on the trailer a little.

Sideways with fence. did get a little head up, eyes wild. did turn and turn and turn and he relaxed.

to trailer. back out, put zone 1 on tire. zone 2 on tire. relax. Get on trailer. *he only put front in and I was great with that. get off, get on, get off. graze. when he had front in up to shoulder I quit. called it a day.

good fun! Both my horses were fantastic today. I was pumped to play and did have fun myself!

No comments: