September 8, 2008

O'Rion-3 yr. old RBI

Been neglecting O'Rion some since Fiona and I've had such a good time, but I started him again and we found a really great time together yesterday!

Did lots of zone 1 friendly with halter (he's quite mouthy and bracy zone 1) and that went pretty well. He was quite bright eyed and seemed to have fun.

We did Shoulders (mirror my shoulders) and he didnt' do as well as Fiona (I'm sure I'm not as clear as Pat is!) and we'll work on that some more.

Put your nose here and there was Brilliant! Smart boy he got my focus immediately, first time.

put your foot is great, too. He loves to put his foot on things.

I'm very happy with him. Will try to ride soon. He has about 4 hours under saddle. So should be interesting. But I'm going slow (last year last time ridden...yeah, very slow) because of my fear issues and I want him to have a very easy time of it and not think it's a bad thing. I lean on his back all the time over the fence but he's HUGE and not sure how I'm going to get on (I'm short and stubby and he was supposed to be a more manageable height based on sire and dam. Oh well.) Gonna have to lose weight and grow some longer legs! (or teach him to lie down for me to mount!)

We had a blast and ended up with Falling Leaf and S bends. he got a little up (head up, life up) on falling leaf and S bends he gave me a sweet soft look so I quit.

Brushed manes and tails and stopped for the day. it was HOT....but I had fun.
THANK YOU PAT AND LINDA! I LOVE YOU BOTH!

No comments: