September 12, 2010

No Water and Playing with a Bag

Our water has ruptured.  Sucks...  We're roughing it til Albert gets a day off and digs up the water line...it's bubbling up when the pump is on right outside my kitchen window.  Can't figure out what went wrong...tree...old age of line?  Who knows.

So watering horses is a trial... went  out to make sure they had plenty of water for the next couple of days.  They did so of course I wanted to stay out with them.

But it's HOT...so I keep directing everyone to the shade.

First Exy.  We did stick to me, friendly with the rope.  She was doing brilliantly and then I think a gresshopper jumped on her cause she exploded bucking and I saw a grasshopper shoot off her back!  That started lots of running and bucking...and she was kicking out in MY direction, so I encouraged her to move her feet really fast and now!  She made a huge circle and then kicked O'Rion.  So I asked her to move some more.  She ran around for about 4 minutes and it was so hot I allowed her to have a sip of water, then asked her to move away from the water and move her feet since her last circle had her head turned outside the circle.

This time her head was turned to me so I allowed her to drink again.  She stood there blowing for a while and she faced me so I retreated and she followed.  Lots of friendly.

Then approach and retreat with the bag on the end of the carrot stick and she almost immediately tried to jump on it, so I was happy with that.  It took about 30 mins of approach/retreat to be able to put the bag on O'Rion and he did start to go introverted once, so I retreated more than approached, and he finally allowed me to pet him with the bag.  He nuzzled it once, so I called that good. 

Boss took direction from accross the paddock when I was trying to get him to go out.  I pointed softy, shook the bag to zone 5 and he went out.   Nice.

knee is hurting today (Physical therapy starts this week for 6 weeks  then they decide if I have surgery).  I'm going to prop up on couch.  All animals fed so Albert can give hay and haul water. 

Fiona's eye (autoimmune problem with cornea) is doing well BUT we went to Univ of Ga Wed and they cut her cornea getting out the catheter.   (eye roll) so now we're dealing with that.  Small cut, and I'm hoping it's all healed up by Tuesday at the latest. 

She still has her pirate face/eye mask on.  Hopefully this will end soon. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a very nice blog, very nice. I wish you the best with the water. they are thinking snow for Lloydminster AB bbbrrrrrr! thanks for sharing Alpha

Parelli Central said...

Having horses and no running water surely is a drag. Hope the break gets fixed soon :-)
Meanwhile, keep up the good play!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
Parelli Central

chebs1 said...

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to comment.
Be sure to leave me a link to your blog, too, and I'll follow you!
:)